Welcome to the crossing 2nd – 4th June 2017
3 days, 2 coasts, 1 hell of an adventure
Get ready to tackle 200 gnarly miles over 3 days as you take on the fully waymarked tracks that span through the Lake District, the Yorkshire Dales and the North Yorkshire Moors. Sample some of the UK’s finest mountain biking as you ride through jaw-dropping scenery.
Another fantastic Rat Race – see you next year!!!!!! Fiona Bevan
I am physically battered and mentally scarred having just completed it. Best trip ever! The route gave you an entirely different perspective of The Lakes, Moors and Dales, with some crazy off-road sections linking it all together. Richard Birks
Suffering today. But awesome experience. 3 days across 3 National Parks plus countless fast downhills and tricky technical sections mixed in with some sunshine, howling gales, heavy rain and hail. Neil Walker
Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose. –
This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket* Not applicable to all events