Bedgebury Pinetum 21st May – Clumber Park 28th May
Our Festival of Trail returns to the picturesque setting of Clumber Park and Bedgebury Forest this Spring. Join thousands of Trailblazers as they take on our beautiful 10km and Half Marathon traffic free courses through stunning forest trails. We’ll be laying on our hugely popular Event Festival Village with post race food, drink, free kids entertainment and more.
@RatRaceHQ excellent race at Bedgebury forest the weekend and so well organised , can’t wait to do it again
Bedgebury Pinetum 21st May
Bedgebury National Pinetum and forest is one of the premier forest locations in the southeast of England. With nearly 10,000 trees and shrubs, the Pinetum is the most complete collection of temperate conifers in the world, and an important location for the conservation of rare species. Starting and finishing within the Pinetum, our Trailblazer route makes good use of the surrounding Bedgebury Forest, a venue great for cycling, walking and even playing in the trees with Go Ape.
Bedgebury Forest Estate lies just 10 miles southeast of Royal Tunbridge Wells on the A21. Our event location can be accessed by the B2079 (following signs to Bedgebury Forest and Pinetum from the A21) just before Flimwell village. If using satnav, use postcode TN17 2SJ to pick up our event signage.
Clumber Park 28th May
Centuries of folklore brought to life by Errol Flynn, Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe will ensure the Sherwood is forever world-famous. Today’s Sherwood Forest comprises of a handful of wooded areas spread across Nottinghamshire; we have selected what we deem to be the most beautiful.
Clumber Park is a beautiful National Trust property, complete with, thick woodland, wild gardens and a serene ornamental lake. Just off the A1 near Worksop, 20 miles north of Nottingham, accessible via either the A614, or the A57, by following the brown signs to “Clumber Park”. If using satnav, use postcode S80 3AZ to pick up our event signage.
Half Marathon Pricing
* you can get the discount but race in different waves
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It allows you to swap your entry to another participant or change your team members without incurring any further costs.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose. –
This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
– Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
– How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket and there will not be any entry fees or Administration fees to pay when registering.
* Not applicable to all events
- Best goody bag in the business
- Free tech tee worth £15
- Free Rat Rag
- Free post event massage
- Free Rat Race memento wristband
- Chip timing
- Free text result on the day
- Free kids fun ‘n’ games
- Dedicated event parking*
- On course water
- Fully waymarked route
*Charges may apply