Cardiff 24th September
The Wild One
Starting in the iconic Roald Dahl Plass, our Cardiff course makes use of Cardiff’s unique city layout in and around the Bay. You’ll get one hell of a wet ‘n’ wild dunking in the International White Water Centre right in the heart of the Oval Basin.
Where is it? Roald Dahl Plass Record: 50:13
Nottingham 7th October
The Really, Really Wet One
The original Survival of the Fittest is ringing the changes for its special 10th anniversary year. In 2017 we’re relocating the Nottingham Event Village to the National Water Sports Centre, a location we have used every year for the past 10 years, but in 2017 this amazing venue is becoming centre stage. Expect a course that delivers multiple dunkings and some truly big-ticket aquatic content. Offering optional extras including on-site parking, hot showers, on-site accommodation, plus that classic Survival Event Village look and feel, together with a swashbuckling amount of water on the course, this is one that is guaranteed to leave you looking and feeling like a drowned Rat at the finish line.
Where is it? National Water Sports Centre Record: 00:51:41
The Muddy One
Manchester is the season finale for Survival of the Fittest in the UK and it brings together the grittiest and most urban elements of the series. We’ll wheel out all the machinery to bring you the gnarliest of challenges in the shadow of Etihad Stadium. It may be in the city centre, but this route has plenty of mud and more than a few dunkings!
Where is it? Etihad Camp Record: 00:48:18
– Why have the extra fee rather than just putting up the entry price?
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
– Why use the system we use?
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• It offers the opportunity to pay directly from your Paypal account (if you prefer this to paying by credit card or debit card).
• It is the cheapest and best value solution we can find and it is tailored to the events you are entering. We feel it is very competitive in the marketplace, versus the fees charged by other professional event operators.
• It integrates with charity donation web sites so there is a quick and easy way for you to raise money and obtain your fund-raising discount, should you choose.
– This fee covers the costs of operating the following:
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• The IT development in building, hosting and maintaining the online entry system.
• The associated bank fees and insurances required to process the event registration fees
• The administration personnel costs of running the registration database
• VAT at 20%
– Why add on a percentage rather than a set fee?
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
– How can I save money?
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.
• Buy a Rat Race Season Ticket