Run, ride and kayak 105 miles across the Scottish Highlands
9th-10th September 2017
The route of this two-day (or one-day Expert) challenge takes in some of the most mysterious and wild locations in Scotland. Run, ride and kayak past Cawdor Castle, Loch Ness, Glen Nevis and Glen Coe, to name but a few stunning sights! The Highland terrain and weather breeds tough folk and if you take on this challenge then you will find out why. Take this epic journey on over two days as a Challenger or one day as an Expert.
To find out more about helping to raise funds for our official charity partner, visit our Run For Charity page here.
0AVERAGE HOURS TAKEN TO
COMPLETE ONE-DAY CHALLENGE 2016
0TOTAL NUMBER OF MILES
FROM COAST TO COAST
0AVERAGE HOURS TAKEN TO
COMPLETE TWO-DAY CHALLENGE 2016
Think you’ve got what it takes to complete the challenge in one day?
Not for the faint hearted. The one-day challenge is a mammoth undertaking. Especially if the prevailing wind tries to blow you back to the start line. Bike selection and your nutrition plan are very important to give you the best chance of completion. Our cut offs are fixed and mandatory kit is key. You will be taking on a very challenging mountain run after a draining cycle ride, not to mention the kayaking. Successful finishing times on the one Day Expert class range from 8 hours 19 minutes in calm conditions to 13 hours 32 minutes in heavy weather.
Taking on the two-day challenge?
Most participants take on the Coast to Coast challenge over two days and join us overnight to camp at Fort Augustus. Breaking up the challenge makes this more achievable and allows you to enjoy a cracking weekend out with some mates.
This is a wild event in unforgiving terrain. Please note that cut-off times will be strictly enforced. See FAQs for more information.
• No-one likes hidden extras. We are upfront about this fee. The fairest way for us to be fully transparent is to separate this cost out and explain it. The Processing Fee has discrete input costs independent of the direct costs that produce the event. We reserve the right to change this fee based on the processing costs at any time.
• The online payment process is provided by Paypal so it is very secure.
• The credit card and Paypal processing fees
• Rat Race offer such a range of challenges that our price points vary massively. Therefore it is considered the fairest option that all customers are charged the same %age pro rata.
• The processing fee will be less the earlier you enter (as it is calculated as a %age) so take advantage of the Early Bird offers to get the best prices across the board.