REGISTRATION LOCATION AND PROCESS
Registration and the RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION are in the same place. This is to make it as quick and easy as possible to register, prepare your kit and rack your bike. At registration you will be supplied with transition bags, Event Information booklet, race numbers and a GPS tracker. The address is North Queensferry Community Centre, Brock St, North Queensferry, Inverkeithing, KY11 1JD
At registration you will be issued with a satellite tracker and instructions about its use. You will need to show this tracker to us at the Start, before you leave RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION and before you leave BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION. These trackers will enable our staff and your supporters to monitor your progress.
THE START LOCATION
We will start near to Edinburgh Castle. The precise location will be announced once it is confirmed. There will be no facilities available at the start line so please ensure you come prepared with water and having visited the toilet.
There are 3 bag movements that we will provide at the event for Experts.
- Finish bag. This is for anything you will need at and after you finish. This can be large bag but is limited to a size of 70L and a weight of 15kg. A perfect bag is the RR Duffel, see here. You can give this to us at the start line only on Sunday morning.
- RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION bag (provided at Registration). This is for you to leave in RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION. It is for everything you will need for the bike stage. You can leave behind anything you don’t need after the run and this bag will be transported to the Finish in Fort William for collection after you’ve finished.
- BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION bag (Provided at Registration). This is to be handed in to us at registration and we will take it to BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION for you. It should contain everything you will need for the second run stage. Putting a 2nd pair of trainers in this bag will prevent the need for you to carry the first pair on the bike. You then fill this bag with your bike kit that you no longer need and we will transport it to FINISH LINE AT FORT WILLIAM for collection (unless you pass it directly to your supporter at Kinlochleven).
There are 3 bag movements that we will provide at the event for Challengers.
- Overnight and Finish bag. This is for everything you will need at and after you finish on Day 1 and Day 2. It will be the same bag that we transfer from Edinburgh to Tyndrum (overnight stop) and then from Tyndrum to Fort William (finish line). This can be a large bag but is limited to a size of 70L and a weight of 15kg. A perfect bag is the RR Duffel, see here. You can give this to us at the start line only on Saturday morning.
- RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION bag (provided at Registration). This is for you to leave in RUN TO BIKE TRANSITION. It is for everything you will need for the bike stage. You can fill this bag with what you don’t need for the bike leg and this bag will be transported to the Overnight Stop at TYNDRUM for you.
- BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION bag (Provided at Registration). This is to be handed in to us before you start at 9am on Sunday and we will take it to BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION for you. It should contain everything you will need for the second run stage. You can fill this bag with what you don’t need for the Mountain Run leg and this bag will be transported to the finish at Fort William for you.
Our official bike hire provider Scottish Cycle Services offers a service whereby you can collect a bike from Registration and drop it with them at BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION. Super convenient. Drop them an email, mention ‘City to Summit’ in the title to enquire and make a booking: email firstname.lastname@example.org
LEAVING A CAR DURING THE EVENT
If you need to leave a car while you undertake City To Summit then we recommend the Ferrytoll Park and Ride car park in North Queensferry. This location has several advantages:
- Cars can be left overnight, free of charge, for up to 7 nights. Guidelines state that if you are parking overnight, customers must leave contact, vehicle details and a planned return date with the Supervisor. If you will be parking your vehicle outwith the building opening hours, you can email the details in advance to email@example.com
- It is has very frequent bus services into central Edinburgh. http://www.ferrytoll.org/routes-times/
- We will be operating a Bus and Bike transfer service to this location from Fort William after the event. See details below.
- It is close to the registration venue – less than 2 miles.
The address of the Ferrytoll Park & Ride is Hope St, Inverkeithing KY11 1LN.
POST EVENT BUS AND BIKE TRANSFER SERVICE
For those without supporters that need to get themselves and their bikes back from the Highlands you can pre-book our transfer service that works in the following way:
- At BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION all bikes are transported to the Finish area in Fort William. From there you need to load your bike onto our bike transfer vans between 0700 and 0830 on Monday morning. You will then be re-united with your bike at Ferrytoll Park and Ride on Monday 30th July.
- A bus service on Monday 30th July will depart the Lochaber Leisure Centre at 9am. Subject to transport problems and any delays we expect to arrive at Ferrytoll by 1pm where you will collect your bike.
We have selected Ferrytoll Park and Ride for this logistic as it is well connected to the bus and motorway networks.
POST EVENT PUBLIC TRANSPORT FROM THE FINISH AREA
If you have hired a bike from Scottish Cycle Services and do not need to use our Bus and Bike Transfer Service then you may wish to depart by public transport to your onward destination. Fort Willian has a bus and train station.
BIKE COLLECTION FROM BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION
BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION is located at The Ice Factor National Ice Climbing Centre, Leven Rd, Kinlochleven, PH50 4SF. If you wish for a supporter to collect your bike then they will need to take the bike directly from you or have a Supporters Bike Collection wristband, that you sign for at Registration, authorising someone to take your bike. There is no security presence for bikes at BIKE TO RUN TRANSITION after 16:00.
Half Way Accommodation for Challengers
Accommodation is not included in the event entry price for Challengers, there are various options available at the campsite we have taken exclusively for the event. For details please click here.
Alternatively, the village of Tyndrum has plenty of options.